Free & Professional mobile phone unlocking and calculators.
Nokia | Motorola | Sony Ericsson | Samsung
LG | Blackberry | iPhone | Others...

Cell Phone Unlock
Instant Phone unlocking

It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:10 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Samsung SGH-J700 unlock help needed!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:06 am 

Being an absolute numbskull as far as anything with more than an on and off button are concerned,can anyone please help unlock my new Samsung SGH-J700 phone so I can use it asap with my previous sim card?heeeeelp,many thanks x

Samsung SGH-J700 unlock help needed!

Google

Google

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:53 pm 
Site Admin

What network is it on? If its in our supported network list it would be about £9.95 otherwise I can obtain samsung unlock codes for £19.95.

Post subject: I have a similar problem
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:26 pm 

I too have a Samsung SGH-J700 and have sent off to two separate unlocking sites; they both failed to find a code and refunded my money.

Happy to pay either of the 2 prices you quote; but I would like a bit more certainty that it will result in a useable code rather than delays and refunds. And obviously I should prefer the cheaper price if possible.

My phone is locked to the UK Orange network

KW

Post subject: Eureka, mine did not need unlocking!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:52 pm 

I just went to the Samsung unlocking archive on this forum and set about trying something I got from there:

1. Turn off your phone, put in a SIM of a provider that it is not locked to, and turn it back on.
2. At the wrong card message, type *#9998*3323#. A message will pop up telling you to press exit, so hit the right softkey. Choose number 7 (or 8 or 9 work, I think). Your phone will reboot and your SIM will work.
3. Type *0141# and then hit call. This will give you a message saying your phone is personalized.
4. Power down your phone and insert a SIM card other than the one that is in it. Power back up your phone.
5. At the SIM code prompt type 00000000, that is 8 zeroes.

At the first step, I did not get a "wrong card" message, it just started working with the Tesco sim card I had inserted as being "of a provider that it is not locked to"

It is now working OK. So, with my phone, it cannot have been locked to Orange in the first place; or, at least, it will accept a Tesco (i.e. O2) simcard without unlocking

Thought that might help someone else. Certainly worth a try

KW

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]